På nettsidene til The Times vinner jeg denne lille godbiten:
We all have to fail sometimes. But there's something glorious about failing with style. A new book, F in exams: the best test paper blunders, give some great examples of exam answers from the most clueless - and inventive - of students.
1) Classical Studies Question: Name one of the early Romans' greatest achievements.
Answer: Learning to speak Latin
2) Biology Question: What is a fibula?
Answer: A little lie
3) General Studies Question: Jeff has been asked to collect data about the amount of television his friends watch. Think of an appropriate question he could ask them.
Answer: How much TV do you watch?
4) Classical Studies Question: What were the circumstances of Julius Caesar's death?
Answer: Suspicious ones
5) Biology Question: Give an example of a smoking-related disease
Answer: Early death
6) Geography Question: What are the Pyramids?
Answer: The Pyramids are a large mountain range which splits France and Spain
7) Biology Question: What is a plasmid?
Answer: A high definition television
8) English Question: In Pride and Prejudice, at what moment does Elizabeth Bennet realise her true feelings for Mr Darcy?
Answer: When she sees him coming out of the lake.
9) Geography Question: What do we call a person forced to leave their home perhaps by a natural disaster or war, without having another home to go to.
10) Religious Studies Question: Christians only have one spouse, what is this called?
11) Biology Question: In the Hawaiian Islands, there are around 500 different species of fruit fly. Give a reason for this
Answer: There are approximately 500 varieties of fruit
12) Physics Question: Name an environmental side effect of burning fossil fuels
13) Geography Question: Define the term "intensive farming".
Answer: It is when a farmer never has a day off.
14) Maths Question: Change 7/8 to a decimal
15) Geography Question: What does the term "lava" mean?
Answer: A pre-pubescent caterpillar
16) General Studies Question: Redundancy is often an unpleasant and unexpected event in someone's life. Give two examples of unexpected life events.
Answer: 1) death 2) Reincarnation
17) HistoryQuestion: What was introduced in the Children's Charter of 1908?
18) Business StudiesQuestion: Explain the word "wholesaler".
Answer: Someone who sells you whole items - eg, a whole cake
19) GeographyQuestion: The race of people known as Malays come from which country?Answer: Malaria
20) GeographyQuestion:What artificial waterway runs between the Mediterranean and Red Seas?
Answer: The Sewage Canal
21) GeographyQuestion: Name one famous Greek landmark
Answer: The most famous Greek landmark is the Apocalypse
22) MathsQuestion: Expand 2 (x + y)
Answer: 2 ( x + y )2 ( x + y )2 ( x + y )
23) Business Studies Question: Assess Fashion House pls's choice to locate its factory near Birmingham. Is Birmingham the right location for this type of business?
Answer: No. People from Birmingham aren't very fashionable.
24) HistoryQuestion: Where was the American Declaration of Independence signed?
Answer: At the bottom.
25) HistoryQuestion: What did Mahatma Gandhi and Genghis Khan have in common?
Answer: Unusual names.